The Written Law and the Oral Law are inseparable companions. Both were presented to Moses at Sinai; neither can stand without the other. The Written Law is the foundation. The Mishnah was the first portion of its oral elucidation to be commited to writing. The Artscroll Mishnah Series with Yad Avraham commentarybrings the text to life as it is developed and clarified by contending minds in the study hall.
- Hebrew text fully punctuated and vowelized
- New English translation distinguished for clarity
- In-depth introduction preceding each tractate
- Every phrase in the Mishnah is accounted for; no need to refer back and forth from text to commentary
- Illustrative diagrams to explain concepts
- Prefatory comments to introduce new concepts
- Yad Avraham commentary covering the full range of major, and many secondary, commentaries.
Seder Nashim - The Order of Women contains the laws governing marriage in all its halachic ramifications. Tangentially, the laws pertaining to vows are also discussed prominently. Seder Nashim is now complete in five volumes.